Cherbonnier/Rillieux Elementary School
700 Dandelion Drive
Waggaman, LA 70094-2290
Phone (504) 431-9740 Fax (504) 431-1236
Cristin Bailey- Menyweather Pamela Riley
School Uniform Policy Notice and Parent Contract
August 12, 2016
This School Uniform Policy Notice and Parent Contract was sent home with Report Cards on May 27th. It was to ensure that parents/guardians are aware of and our school’s uniform policy and had time to purchase appropriate uniform attire and accessories. The policy is as follows:
STUDENT UNIFORM POLICY
- Students must wear the hunter green polo uniform shirt with the embroidered school logo. Students may wear NAVY uniform pants, shorts, skirts or skorts. (All shorts, skirts or skorts MUST be knee length.)
- Pre-K students must wear the purple polo uniform shirt with the Cherbonnier/Rillieux pelican embroidered logo.
- Girls may only wear leggings under their skirts during cold weather months (November – March). Leggings may only be BLACK, NAVY or WHITE—NO multi-colored or designed leggings.
- Students may only wear BLACK, NAVY or WHITE socks.
- ALL students EXCEPT pre-k and kindergarten MUST wear a belt with uniform pants and shorts. (Black, navy or brown belts only.)
- Students MUST wear lace-up tennis shoes to school—Black tennis shoes with black laces ONLY. Pre-k and kindergarten students MUST wear velcro tennis shoes. Boots and dress shoes are NOT allowed for safety reason and because students have PE daily.
- Students many ONLY wear a navy jacket, sweatshirt or sweater in the school building. In cold weather larger jackets may be worn outdoors. NO denim jackets or any other logoed jackets, shirts or attire may be worn over school uniform shirt.
- According to the Jefferson Parish Policies and Procedures Handbook, students may NOT dye their hair any extreme colors nor may they wear any extreme hair styles.
- Girls may only wear stud earrings. According to the Jefferson Parish Policies and Procedures Handbook ***Boys may not wear earrings to school.
ALL uniform policies will be STRICTLY enforced for the 2016 – 2017 school year.
ALL students must be in proper uniform (shoes included) by Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
Please sign below acknowledging that you have received and will adhere to Cherbonnier/Rillieux’s Uniform Policy. Return the signed bottom portion to school with your child.
Parent Signature: ____________________________ Date________________
Student Signature: _______________________________________ Date ________________